Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Blog #7

The third draft of assignment one was far better than the last considering I had many corrections and I took the revision aspect very seriously. This was an awkward paper to write at first because it was the first paper of this class. Also, I was not aware of the writing style which made writing the paper difficult. I was not certain of what you expected, so I completed the first draft on a whim. The last draft was considerably better because I had peer corrections and your input. When I wrote the first draft I did not include the words, ethos, pathos and logos I simply explained how the terms were expressed in the advertisement. So, then when I did the third draft I used the terms, which in some ways made me sound a bit more intelligent, who would have thought! I am not sure if the third draft is a reflection of my best work, but I feel that it might be the best job I could do with the topic.
This was the first time I had to write a rhetorical analysis on an advertisement, so this assignment did not come easy. After I did the peer reviews I was able to get a feel on how the assignment was supposed to be completed. So, after the peer reviews I took the critiques from my peers and what I learned from the other papers and put that towards making my paper more complete. Then after your review I was able to really revise my paper with a professional opinion which helped me organize my thoughts. Also, I was able to analyze the ad from different perspectives which made my paper multifaceted and more creative. Without revisions my paper would lack sufficient evidence and it would contain many blunders.

No comments: